Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake + Cream Cheese Icing
Wondering what to do with your leftover pumpkins puree? Here’s the answer.. Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice mug Cake! Yes I know the title of this mug cake is a bit of a mouthful but what can you do? The most important thing is whether the cake tastes great and it does!! 🎃🍰
The inspiration for this Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spiced Mug cake came when I was wondering what I could make with my leftover pumpkin puree, and that’s when I came across @thejoeduff Instagram page and was inspired by his pumpkin mug cake so it thought I’d make my own recipe! (but vegan of course)
This Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake is dense, moist, sweet and even creamy because of the icing ! If you are a coffee fan like I am then I have a feeling you may like pairing this cake with a nice big cup of coffee, maybe for breakfast or maybe even as a mid work day lunch!!
Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Mug Cake
- 3 tbsp Almond Meal
- 1 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1-2 tsp Krisda Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1-2 tbsp Crushed pecans or walnuts (optional)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- tiny dash Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 1.5 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and set aside.
- For The egg (separate bowl) Mix all "egg" ingredients in a cup and let sit (about 5 mins) until a jelly egg texture forms
- Then add (to formed egg mixture) -1.5 TBS pumpkin puree -1tsp vanilla extract Mix pumpkin, vanilla and chia egg mixture
- Very very lightly grease your mug/bowl before cooking in it.
- In a wide mug or small bowl, place dry ingredients and all of the wet ingredients and mix them until there are no lumps.
- Place in the microwave and cook in 1 minute intervals up to 2 minutes until the mixture is thick and not goopy. Very carefully flip over mug or bowl onto clean plate.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: -1/2 TBS vegan cream cheese I used Tofutti -1/2 tsp coconut cream(from the top of a can of coconut milk) -1tsp Krisda Sweetener or more if needed of the sweetener!
As usual I’m including some of my favourite baking ingredients incase you want to purchase them too! If you do use my links you will be supporting the blog so thank you very much!
Sign up for my Newsletter here! – To stay up to date with all the new recipes!