Keto Rhubarb Crisp
This Keto Rhubarb Crisp Recipe is a Sweet yet slightly Tangy Summery Dessert that can be eaten at any time of year! A Soft and Sweet Rhubarb Bottom Layer and Crispy Almond Layer for the Top! You and Your family will Love this Recipe I just know it!! Scroll Down to see the super easy recipe!
1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong
I was so stoked that recipe this Keto Rhubarb Crisp actually turned out so well! You just never know how a new recipe may end up working out but it is encouraging when it does! I got my brother to try the keto rhubarb crisp and he said “this is your best one yet” which surprised me because I wasn’t even sure he liked rhubarb and actually neither did he haha!
This recipe took 10 mins to prep and 12 minutes to bake… Which seems pretty reasonable to me for a healthy and delicious dessert such as a Keto Rhubarb Crisp!
To make the recipe i “ketoized” a recipe from:
rhubarb-central.com called: ” Quick Microwave Rhubarb Crisp Recipe” I linked to the original recipe incase you don’t care about the keto version of a rhubarb crisp that I created, although I hope you do!
Keto Rhubarb Crisp Recipe – Super Simple! :
Keto Rhubarb Crisp
- 4 cups Fresh Rhubarb chopped small
- 1 cup Krisda Stevia Erythritol
- 1 flax egg flax egg= (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water mixed together )
- 4 tbsp Almond Meal
- ½ cup Ground Flax Seed
- ¼ cup +1 tbsp Almond meal
- ¼ cup Fine Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- 1 dash Cinnamon Powder (or another favourite spice)
- Chop the rhubarb into small coin sized pieces
- Mix chopped rhubarb with your sweetener, flax egg and almond flour and place in a square glass bowl.
- Mix all of the topping ingredients together in a bowl until topping is moist and crumbly.
- Pat crumble topping over the rhubarb bottom and place in the microwave to cook for 12 to 15 minutes
- Once rhubarb is tender the crisp is ready
- For best results- Before Eating – chill the dessert in the fridge for a while for a better consistency.
- You can most likely bake this in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes just check on it and make sure the rhubarb is soft. You may also want to put foil over the dish so the topping doesn't burn
No surprise but I always love to add Krisda Sweetener to my Desserts!! Krisda is an amazing sugar free – keto friendly sweetener that is perfect for replacing regular sugar in recipes! Krisda tastes great, it’s organic, and it can be used in so many different recipes and so many different ways – I highly recommend them for your sugar free baking!
Sign up here for my Recipe Newsletter! So you can stay up to date with all the new recipes and have them sent straight into your Inbox as soon as they come out! Yay!!
I always love hearing what you think, so please feel free to leave me a note below with your questions or comments! Also if you try this recipe please put a review below letting me know how the Keto Rhubarb Crisp turned out for you!